Administrative Assistant- Seasonal
Mactaquac Provincial Park
Job Title: Administrative Assistant- Seasonal
Location: Mactaquac Provincial Park
Hours of Work: 8 am to 4 pm
Shift Schedule: Monday to Friday
Who we are
We invite you to join the Parks NB team! We have the opportunity to work in some of the most beautiful places that New Brunswick has to offer while providing meaningful and challenging work. Imagine being able to experience the beauty of the Four Seasons Playground of New Brunswick every day!
Parks NB works collaboratively with stakeholders and industry members to support, promote, and grow this sector while encouraging New Brunswickers and visitors to discover these outdoor activities and experiences.
What you will do
Reporting to the Mactaquac Office Manager, you will be responsible to provide administrative support to park management. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing, proofreading and tracking correspondence
- Maintaining the schedule of activities and events occurring throughout the year
- Screening all incoming calls and forwarding to the appropriate staff as well as answering public inquiries
- Processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail
- Reserving meeting rooms and equipment
- Ordering, and maintaining an inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Maintaining an efficient filing system
- Preparing and submitting employee timesheets to SNB Payroll
- Performing other related duties as required
- Office location: Mactaquac Provincial Park administration office
- Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Who you are
You are someone who prides themselves in exceeding client expectations, being flexible and supporting members of your team. You are experienced in providing administrative support. You must be a team player who works with attention to detail and possess strong interpersonal, communication skills and are self-motivated.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- A post-secondary diploma of one (1) year in a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the Online NB Parks Reservation Service System
- Ability to use office technology, software, and applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle/Fusion
- Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Principles
$1,625.00 to $1,971.00 bi-weekly
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
- Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address, indicating competition number R18-2023/24-93. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
A Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check is required prior to appointment
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.