Sales & Service Attendant
Mount Carleton Provincial Park
Job Title: Sales & Service Attendant
Location: Mount Carleton Provincial Park
Hours of Work: Varied
Shift Schedule: Varied
Who we are
We invite you to join the Mount Carleton Provincial Park Team! Mount Carleton is one of the largest natural sites in New Brunswick, located in the north-west of New Brunswick.
A picturesque blend of Acadian forests and mountain peaks, Mount Carleton contains over 17, 000 hectares of wilderness waiting for today's explorers.
A provincial park since 1970, containing the highest peak in the Maritimes, a part of the Appalachian Mountains, including hiking trails, camping, fishing, and a designated Dark Sky Preserve are all part of what awaits you.
What you will do
Reporting to the Sales and Services Attendants Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing customer service and perform related cash handling duties. The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Greeting the public, responding to telephone or in-person inquiries and booking reservations
- Operating the cash register and managing cash floats
- Locking and unlocking the workplace
- Pricing, storing, and stocking supplies or inventory
- Counting inventory monthly and yearly
- Cleaning work area daily and weekly
- Working with camping reservation software (CAMIS)
- Serving beverages and food at counter
- Performing other assigned tasks by the supervisor
- Working evenings and weekends
- Variable hours
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- Completion of grade 10
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the camping reservation software CAMIS
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
$20.67 per hour
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail at the following address indicating competition number R18-2023/24-94. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
A Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check is required prior to appointment
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals,persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.