Fundy Trail Provincial Park
Job Title: Property Manager
Location: Fundy Trail Provincial Park
Hours of Work: Varied
Shift Schedule: Varied
The Fundy Trail Provincial Park is one of New Brunswick's crown jewels. Open seasonally from mid-May to mid-October, the Fundy Trail Provincial Park is a 2,559 hectare park featuring a 30 km parkway hugging the southern coast of New Brunswick with stunning views of the world-renowned Bay of Fundy.
What you will do
Reporting to the Executive Director of Parks and Capital, you will direct a wide range of activities including oversight of a management team in the seasonal operation of the site, general administration, security, food services, retail, business development, maintenance, public relations and marketing, customer service, staff supervision, succession planning and annual reporting. The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing overall leadership and guidance to a team responsible for the operations of Fundy Trail Provincial Park to ensure exceptional client experience and service delivery is provided
- Protecting the ecosystem of the park (environmental management), directing and overseeing the maintenance of the property and infrastructure of the park
- Conducting all financial functions and transactions, including monthly budget projections and expenditure control, while ensuring profitability through budgetary adherence as well as identifying and coordinating capital projects
- Managing human resources including all aspects of staffing, scheduling, recruiting, training, conflict resolution, collective agreement administration and performance management
- Developing an annual operational plan, in accordance with the Parks NB Brand, that addresses all aspects of the park operations
- Other related duties as required
- What better environment than working in a Provincial Park? You will have a traditional office at the Fundy Trail Provincial Park with the opportunity to enjoy this spectacular protected natural site with trails and views to inspire
- You will be working a minimum of 36.25 hours per week
- Occasional travel within the province will be required
Who you are
Are you someone who wants to make a difference? Are you an effective leader, a strategic planner, a community builder with a passion for exceeding client expectations? Are you experienced in successfully operating a property and maintaining financial profitability?
You must be a team player capable of multitasking a wide range of responsibilities related to human resource, communications, hospitality, financial and operational management, all while respecting tight deadlines. You also possess strong interpersonal communication skills and are self-motivated.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking fordiverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration or a related field
- Seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in tourism, administration, marketing or a related field, including four (4) years' experience in management and staff supervision
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Nice to have
- Experience in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Experience in marketing and developing experiences
- Experience in developing community partnerships and initiatives
$3,345.00 to $4,047.00 bi-weekly (Pay Band 7)
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address indicating competition number R18-2023/2024-086. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
A Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check is required prior to appointment
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.